As part of the process of getting ready for baby, we needed to move Brett out of the nursery and into his new room. Thankfully because of my dad, last fall, our loft was converted into a third bedroom. Otherwise, we'd have no space to have another baby.
So, we took some time in February and March to shop for his furniture and bedding and Steve painted the room. We decided on a White Sox theme. Originally, when we did the nursery I'd envisioned a Butler Bulldogs theme, and I did again for his bedroom, but I was unsuccessful in finding the appropriate bedding and all. With me being very tired during this pregnancy, White Sox was a much easier way to go, considering I could choose from a variety of bedroom sets and borders and all.
Well, we finally got everything shuffled (which included putting the computer in our room and emptying our only storage closet into the garage...yeah, our house is now stuffed to the max) at the end of March and by that last Sunday night we had put the mattress and bedding together, but we hadn't quite assembled the safety rail. Brett jumped right on his new bed and was super excited.
He wanted to sleep in his big bed right then and there, which I took as an encouraging sign. However, we still had to put the finishing touches together, which didn't happen until the following evening.
That Monday night he hopped right into bed and slept happily all night. I was super worried he'd get up and cry and want to go back into the crib, but I was totally wrong. He's loved his new bed ever since and we've had a super easy transition.
This makes me cautiously optimistic for my next experiment... potty training. I am going to ATTEMPT it later this month or early May. It would be WONDERFUL to have him out of diapers before baby sister gets here. But I am not holding my breath.
Below is the finished room...