Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What's Up with What's Going Down

The month of August snuck by. I am just now realizing that I haven't posted anything since the beginning of the month. Oh well, I am a slacker I suppose.

Anyway, we've kept pretty busy since we've been back from vacation. Tina and Evan came down and we all went to the zoo (I HOPE to post the pics on here one day). Steve took a day off and we all went to the State Fair (again, more pics on the camera which have NOT been downloaded). But, the biggest thing is that Steve accepted a NEW JOB! We are pretty excited for him. I know I am not going to get this right at all, but I know that he will be an assistant director in the office of academic assessment and institutional research (or the equivalent 0f) at IUPUI. Pretty stoked. He starts mid- September, and we are hoping that this will help make up for the fact that I went from full time to part time. It won't be the same as our two full time incomes together, but we are bridging the gap.

The house is still on the market. We've had less traffic lately, and for that I am grateful. I've kind of resigned myself to not selling. Our listing expires in October and we will then pull it and probably close off the loft to make a third bedroom. While in an ideal world, we'd be able to sell and move this year, I don't think it's going to happen.

But, I guess the real reason I haven't blogged in awhile is that I've been feeling downright CRUMMY. Yep, I've seriously felt like I've been in the throes of first trimester pregnancy (and before you get excited, no I'm NOT pregnant). But I've had that horrible knock you off your feet fatigue and feeling of overheating and exhaustion at a moment's notice. I've even felt concerned driving my car because I've been so incredibly tired, I'm afraid I'll fall asleep at the wheel. Steve and my mom have been trying and trying to convince me to go to the doctor. I resisted because I know they'll not find anything and it will be a waste of time and money.

Well, yesterday I finally went. I had blood drawn, and the doctor (who isn't my usual doc.. I guess they needed to fit me into whoever they had free) gave me the "get outside and exercise" speech. You know what, lady? If I could muster up the energy to get on the treadmill and it would make me feel better, I would have done it in a heartbeat before I came to see you! So, I guess the bloodwork will take a couple of days to process, and I'm pessimistic about the outcome, but yeah. So, that's what's been going on.

Anyway, I'll try to finally download some Brett cuteness here soon.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

"If I could muster up the energy to get on the treadmill and it would make me feel better, I would have done it in a heartbeat before I came to see you!"--Ohmygosh, that had me on the floor laughing. Like Duh!

When in doubt, check the thyroid. Everyone I know has been having thyroid trouble with the squirrliest symptoms. Could be hormonal. Can't wait to see you two later this week!

Krysten said...

Seriously - take advice from someone who has spent way too many days in the hospital and wouldn't want that for anyone else - keep pestering your doctor. My family doctor ran all sorts of blood work on me in the beginning of June and found nothing. But, CLEARLY, there was something wrong with me. I certainly know that it's no fun to go to the doctor, it's terribly annoying to keep getting your blood drawn, but don't give up until you have an answer!

Andrea said...

I hope they find something that has a quick and easy fix so you feel better soon!