Sunday, January 4, 2009

Chapter Two: Christmas Day

Okay, so it's January 4th and I am just now getting this done! Needless to say, we have been busy.

Where did I leave off? Oh, yes. We had just completed Christmas morning at our house. And the pictures I took? The VERY last pictures ever on that digital camera. Seriously. We'd been having problems with that camera for awhile now. We had received it as a Christmas present from my parents back in 02 or so. It has taken thousands of pictures for us and I'd say we got the most use we could out of it. Recently, though, I've had trouble turning it on and forget all about the zoom feature. I was miraculously able to turn it on long enough to download those pics and that was it. I couldn't for the life of me get it back on!

So, that explains why I have no pictures of my family Christmas here in Indy! Basically we went to my parent's house and saw my grandmothers and my brothers and their wives and children. We had what has become a family tradition that I cannot live without...Shapiros corned beef and my grandma's german potato salad. Good stuff! Brett got to open several awesome presents and we had just enough time to eat and hit the road.

The drive was actually really easy. No problems and Brett slept through most of it so he was energized for Steve's family Christmas!

We arrived and spent the evening with his family...


Steve, Brett and I with his brothers Chris & Eric

More toys... yay!

I'll stop and smile for the camera

I LOVE my new CD player

I'm ready for my Christmas dinner, mommy!

Luckily for us, a brand new digital camera was waiting for Steve and I under the tree in Chicago! Thank God! Or, we'd be out yet ANOTHER electrical device (since Brett has been born, we've replaced the computer, printer/scanner and am working on a new iPod).

We stayed in Chi-town through Sunday, hitting the big annual family Christmas for Steve's side on Saturday (he seriously has like 20 first cousins.. this is a big event!). Brett was awesome for that as well.

Overall, a great baby's first Christmas.

No comments: