Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ultrasound #4

I guess the only perk to having gestational diabetes is that they perform multiple ultrasounds to monitor the growth of your baby. So, I got to have ultrasound #4 today.... Steve and Brett were there as usual. We got to have the always fun sneak peak at our little bundle of joy :).

Good news is that she isn't TOO big...she is measuring an estimated 6 lbs 12 oz (which is in the 63rd percentile), and all of her stats seem to be encouraging. Her amniotic fluid level is good, the placenta is healthy, the umbilical cord looks good, and her liver is functioning. She is also head down, which I knew, but it was good to see the pics to confirm it.

I, of course, had another NST after this was over (as I have 2 of these per week) and it looked good as it always has so far.

I asked the NP about delivery and it sounds like they may schedule me for August 27th for an induction. Of course, that's all subject to change, but it's nice to see the end in sight!!

Pics of baby girl cuteness below :)





1 comment:

Cathy said...

Glad to see she's still a girl, pity to waste all that pink. ;) And glad that they are going to let her grow a little bit more. Hooray for sighting the end.