Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Top Secret Swap

As I may have mentioned before, Brett's all time favorite BFF is Cheetah. Cheetah was purchased this past summer from Kohl's during a "Kohl's Cares For Kids" promotion. It was only $5.00 and he was instantly attached at the hip to his Cheetah.

Well, foolish me should have realized that these promotions only last for a limited time and then after that, the toys are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. Cheetah has seen better days by now. He's had several baths and is becoming threadbare and in need of great TLC. And, another bath. I joke that Cheetah currently has scurvy, the bird flu and the swine flu.

Well, I started looking on ebay a few months ago for a replacement cheetah. Not to great success. All that were listed were "gently used" with prices of $15.00 or more without shipping. For an original $5.00 price tag, I wasn't biting.

And then Sunday I found it. One advertised as new with tags for a reasonable price.

I purchased new cheetah and he arrived today, brand spanking new and fluffy as promised. I immediately hid old cheetah in the laundry room (so he can prepare for major surgery) and put new cheetah in a casual spot so Brett would just pick him up.

He took the bait and picked him up. He looked him over a bit but gave him a kiss and has now accepted him as his own. It's funny to see this cheetah...so soft and fluffy and full of fluff. I'll have to take a picture of the old and new cheetah together at some point to compare...but NOT when Brett is around. I'm afraid of the repercussions of him discovering our secret plot.

Hoping bedtime with his "new" favorite friend goes swimmingly tonight :) As you can see, he's treating him the same as his old pal.

No comments: