Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper


Recently, Brett has discovered that he can be a great helper, and it's so darn cute!

Over the summer, he started "helping" as soon as he could walk. When he saw us grab the swiffer or the broom, he was all over it. He'd grab it and "sweep" the floor as best as he could. He even knew to sweep toward the dust pan (smart kid!).

Then, last week he about melted my heart. I was doing the mundane, aka laundry, and he was kind of wandering around, but then he saw that after I folded the clothes I put them in the laundry basket, well HE had to do the same. So, as soon as I turned around from folding a piece of laundry I noticed that like he'd randomly thrown like 5 pieces of unfolded laundry in the basket to help me. Yes, it did create extra work, but it was so sweet!

The best yet happened this past weekend. As we never sold our house, we are converting our loft into a 3rd bedroom with my dad's help (thanks, dad) and so we are rearranging the furniture in our house to accommodate it. So, we moved our t.v. and other furniture downstairs on Saturday, and had to set the room up slightly differently, which meant I had to move the coffee table. I started to pull it, and suddenly I felt a push on the other end. Brett was right there helping me push it in to place. Sooo cute and sooo sweet.

I love him more and more every day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You guys are adorable. Lets get together soon. :)