Sunday, October 4, 2009

Some Sort of Record

I went the whole month of September without a post. That's gotta be some sort of record right?

Well, Brett's been developing his vocabulary over the course of the month.

Here are a few of his "latest" words...

"Stuck" - pretty much applies to Brett being in a location where he does not want to be (aka - when he is done eating he is "stuck" in his booster seat. He is also "stuck" when he's in a room with the door closed and when he's on your lap and he wants to get free).

"Uh-oh" - We usually hear this when he's dropped something.

"Buh-bye" - Believe it or not, he'd never really said "hi" or "bye" before, but now it's always "buh-bye" when we are saying goodbye to people.

"Back" - When he wants us to help him put something back. Likewise, we can ask him to put something "back" and he will do as we ask (well, usually).

"Book" - We get asked for a book numerous times a day. It's not uncommon for me, on one of my at home days to read through his entire book collection.

"Eee eye eee eye" - When we are singing Old McDonald

He also can pick out the appropriate animal (when he's focused) from his Old McDonald puzzle when you ask him to.

I know he's said more, but I've been a bad blogger and can't recall off the top of my head.

The only other "big" Brett thing is that he now has a favorite t.v. show. I'd never been big on letting him watch t.v., but recently I've been turning on Noggin (aka - Nick Jr.) for short incriments lately and when the Wonder Pets come on, he is all ears. I need to take a video of him watching Wonder Pets. He giggles and laughs at them and tries to "sing along" as best he can to their songs and talks to them. He'll also "dance" (as in running in a circle - I'm afraid this poor white kid will have no rythm) when they sing their songs.

Okay, I PROMISE I'll try to add pics and more updates this month. I'm already ahead of my September postings!

No comments: