Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hanging With Chi-Town Animals

Our trip downtown Chicago lasted for about 3 days... on our last day downtown we decided to check out Shedd Aquarium (and a side note... it's like $30.00 per adult, luckily Brett was free, but I'd recommend looking for deals before you purchase tickets). We got about all we could out of the experience, without actually buying the 4D movie and dolphin show, in about 3 hours. I got a couple of shots before the employees told me to turn the flash off the camera and I decided to say screw it....



After Shedd Aquarium, we went to stay with Steve's parents for a couple of days. He's from the Chicago 'burbs, so it was close. On Thursday we went together with them to the Brookfield Zoo. It was a gorgeous day and Brett had a lot of fun. Being that it was 5 times as big as the Indy Zoo, and that I was 27 weeks pregnant, I did not have quite the joie de vivre about all of the walking and after a couple of hours required several breaks. But it worked out...I sat out some exhibits while everyone else made their way through. I think everyone enjoyed the day. Again, here are a few pics of Brett hanging with the various animals...





No comments: