Monday, June 8, 2009

Take Me Out To The Ball Game


So this past weekend was our annual White Sox game. Steve, being from Chicagoland, loves his beloved White Sox and so do his entire family. For almost as long as I can remember, even before we were married, Steve and I have gone to a game every year. As much as I am not a sports fan, I do enjoy a good baseball game, and this year was pretty fun. We went with Steve's parents, and his brothers Eric & Chris.

Our annual game also is kind of special to me now, as I blogged about last summer. If you recall, the morning before we went to our Sox game 2 years ago, I found out I was pregnant with B. Well, I didn't know he was a "he" then, but I knew I was having a baby! So, Comisky Park is a little bit special to me now.

Brett enjoyed the game more this year than last... well, considerably more since last time he was 4 months old. He also got to try his new favorite food (and believe me, it's not going to be a habit).. nachos. He loved them both with and without the cheese. We didn't put jalapenos on the chips we gave him though :). He also ended up getting daddy his father's day present. It wasn't really planned, but when we got to the game it was COLD, and I had just worn a short sleeved shirt. So, I bought a Sox hoodie, and when I saw the price tag on it, I decided to get it in XL and call it a father's day present because with a price like that, it needs to be worn. And OFTEN.

Otherwise, a pretty successful day!

1 comment:

amypfan said...

What a cutie! Can't wait to hang out next week. :)