Thursday, March 19, 2009

Baby Bracketology

Okay, I have been wanting to write this post for a day now, but I seem to be hitting all kinds of roadblocks on uploading my video. Both blogger and youtube don't want to accept my video and I've trimmed it down to all of 45 seconds. Well, we'll see if the video decides to load or not, but I'll make my post anyway....

So, the time of year has come to make bracket picks. Of all sports, I have a little bit of interest in college basketball. Some years I have an idea of what teams are doing well. Others (like this year for example, when my energy is spent on a baby), I don't. So, I decided to come up with a strategy for picking my brackets this year. I, as a loyal Butler alumni, decided to pick my alma mater to go all the way...

I then let Brett make the rest of the picks. It wasn't easy to get his opinion. We had to take several breaks in between. Ways in which we collected his data ranged from asking him and deciphering what he said, to having him point to a team to putting two toys in front of him and letting him pick. Yeah, super scientific. But it was fun... and if we do well this year in our joint bracket, it's proof that who will win the tourney is truly anyone's guess!

So, go BU!

(screw the stupid video... if it decides to upload by Christmas I'll post it!)

No comments: