Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blah. Just Blah. And Sick.

I feel like I go through blogging "spurts" if you will. Sometimes I have so much to share that posts are jumping out of me. Other times (like recently) I am in a semi-vegetative state and I'll sit at my computer and hit refresh on all of my dangerously addictive social networking websites, not really contributing, just lurking.

So, that's been me recently. I've also been diving into a decadent German Chocolate cake that has been sitting in the break room at work (bad Carrie!) for the past week. Yeah, the weight loss thing has kind of reversed. I've put a couple pounds on instead of taking them off. It's February, what can I say? I HATE this month. I honestly think that February is the most horrid month of the year. It may only be 28 days but they are the LONGEST and most miserable 28 days of my year. It also doesn't help that I have seasonal affective disorder (seriously, I was diagnosed 2 years ago and it answered a lot of questions). Ah, I digress...

So, in the midst of my blah state, my poor baby starts going through a pretty rough patch. If you recall, back in December, he got his first 2 bottom teeth. They started to break through right before Christmas. Well, he'd been acting like top teeth were cutting through as well. Then, the day before my birthday we see his two front top outside incisors peeking through. Then, literally like 2 days later the other two followed suit. Yep, he has been battling ALL 4 TOP INCISORS coming through at THE SAME TIME. This has caused him to be incredibly fussy and started his nose running like a faucet.

Well, then, last week he got a temp and started to develop this funky rash. We took him to the doc where they said he had roseola. Whatever. My poor baby hasn't been himself in weeks and Steve and I subsequently haven't been sleeping very well either. His cough got worse last night and I've been up since 4:30 a.m. with him (so has Steve... he is a godsend in getting Brett and bringing him to me). Then I rolled into work and I've been back in my semi-vegetative state today. With scrumptious German Chocolate cake calling my name.

Where's May? Seriously.

Oh, and I'll try to get my pictures of my sick lil' pup up soon. He changes so much every day! My excuse is that the new camera ran out of batteries, and we had to hunt for new ones. We had sucess in this endeavor on Saturday, so now I just need the motivation to take pictures of him.

I'll get back to you on that. Now where's that cake?

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Sorry to hear Brett's still under the weather. And that so are you. Hope you got outside today, the temp was quite therapeutic!

Tina said...

Hang in there! Spring will be here soon!