Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tired, tired and more tired

Wow. I sure don't remember feeling this wiped out when I was pregnant with Brett. Since about week 6 or so, fatigue has taken over my body. I am taking my vitamins and (especially) since I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office last week and realized that I was just beginning this pregnancy as a hippo, I've been trying to eat better...more fruits and veggies and water. But I still feel horrible. I mean to try to get on the treadmill, as they say that will give you energy, but I can't do it. The only real time I can is either a. when Brett is napping, or b. as soon as Steve gets home from work before dinner, but a. I try to take a nap (if and when Brett sleeps) and b. when Steve gets home from work, I'm so tired from my day that I can't fathom it.

I know that things get better during the second trimester, right? They HAVE to. I can't continue to feel this way forever with a toddler around. I am so behind on housework, and Steve has stepped up to make dinner and do laundry.

Anyway, that's my rant for today. I think I feel worse right now because Brett decided NOT to nap, and I was counting on it.

Sigh.

3 comments:

amypfan said...

I feel your pain. Believe me, I do. As I battle through the final days of this pregnancy, I seriously cannot figure out how I made it with Bryn and Shay. I guess that's Mother Nature's way of preserving children--we forget how hard the previous pregnancies were!

Suellen said...

I literally slept for 3 months when I was pregnant. I would even sleep in the practice rooms at school during my prep (highly unprofessional, but I was EXHAUSTED!). Hang in there. I don't know how I would handle it with a toddler.

Andrea said...

I thought the 2nd trimester was better. Don't get me wrong, I was still tired, but it wasn't as bad. Hope Brett naps today!