Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake Recipe

Due to popular demand, based on my post about our cruise last fall, I am posting the infamous recipe that I mentioned in that blog. Yes, this is the OFFICIAL chocolate melting cake recipe from Carnival Cruise lines, handed to me by our waiter after I requested it one night at dinner.

I have not yet tried to make it yet, so I can't promise how it will turn out. One thing to note, however is that the recipe is measured in grams & the temps are in celsius... so you will have to find a way to translate it into tablespoons/cups, etc. That, I don't have for you....

Anyway, here it is...

MELTING CHOCOLATE CAKE

Yields - 10 portions

375 g Dark Chocolate
375 g Butter
8 ea Egg Yolk
7 ea Whole Egg
250 g Sugar
170 g Flour

- Melt the chocolate and the butter together until 64 degrees celcius

- Blend the egg yolks, whole eggs and the sugar together, then add the butter-chocolate mixture

- Add the flour

- Put it in 10 forms (prepare with butter and flour) and leave it for one day in the fridge

- Bake directly in the oven at 200 degrees celcius for 8 minutes

That's it! If someone makes it, please let me know how to translate all of the measurements/temps. That's been what has mainly holding us up from making it (well, and the fact that we don't need that many servings).

.....now an addendum (added 10/1/15)....if you have landed on my blog and want to follow my latest adventures, please hop over my NEW and consistently updated blog - Coach Carrie - http://yourcoachcarrie.blogspot.com/..  I would LOVE to welcome you to my new home!!!!

...newest note 12/21/16

This page, and the one I linked you to last year is no longer in use (I mean, I guess you already knew that...) because...

I'm a DOTCOM!

Follow me NOW at www.blueskyhealthandfitness.com

Or let's connect on Facebook through my page -

https://www.facebook.com/blueskyhealthandfitness/

See you over there, friends!

<3 p="">
Carrie
<3 p="">

1 comment:

Queen Mimi said...

I googled for this amazing Recipe. I hope it works! I figures out the conversions...round up or down accordingly. 250 grams or cc's is usually just a cup to us nurses keeping track of a patients fluids...

1/2 cup would be 125
1/4 cup would be 62.5
1/8 cup would be 31.25 etc.
1 tsp =30 cc/gr

MELTING CHOCOLATE CAKE

Yields - 10 portions

375 g (13.2 oz) Dark Chocolate
375 g (13.2 oz) Butter
8 ea Egg Yolk
7 ea Whole Egg
250 g (8.8 oz) Sugar
170 g (5.98 oz) Flour (try

- Melt the chocolate and the butter together until 64 degrees celcius
(147.2 FAHRENHEIT)

- Blend the egg yolks, whole eggs and the sugar together, then add the butter-chocolate mixture

- Add the flour

- Put it in 10 forms (prepare with butter and flour) and leave it for one day in the fridge

- Bake directly in the oven at 200
degrees celcius (392 FAHRENHEIT) for 8 minutes

That's it! If someone makes it, please let me know how to translate all of the measurements/temps. That's been what has mainly holding us up from making it (well, and the fact that we don't need that many servings).